• @Wilzax@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      6 days ago

Never give any credibility to their lies. Shut them down wherever possible, and substitute evidence of the projection they stand for.

The claims that Kamala Harris ever had any engaged in sexual activity with anyone who had any power over the trajectory of her career are unsubstantiated.

The claims that Donald Trump associated with convicted pedophile and indicted sex trafficer Jeffrey Epstein, and that this association included visits to his private island, which was the scene of many of his crimes, are proven. The claim that Donald Trump has bragged about sexually assaulting women is supported by a 2005 audio clip that has been public since 2016

The unsubstantiated claims about Kamala Harris, even if they are true, are far less serious than either of the aforementioned claims about Donald Trump. This is not an issue of sexual misconduct “on both sides”. This is an issue of double-standards and propaganda.

• @EvilBit@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      146 days ago

It’s not, and even giving it the possibility of truth without any meaningful evidence is playing into the lie.

• @Frog@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        16 days ago

They don’t care what the truth is. They yell “fake news” when something doesn’t go their way.

Fake is real. Real is fake.

This just shows they have nothing real to go on.

• @EvilBit@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          25 days ago

You’re right in general, but I feel like you’re arguing that it doesn’t matter if we say things to the effect of “it doesn’t matter if Kamala slept her way to the top, the Republicans did worse.” That’s a dangerous thing to do, because there is no credible evidence whatsoever that Kamala used sexual favors to advance her station and under the premise of “both things can be true”, you end up allowing for more people to believe a lie.

• @Frog@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            15 days ago

I completely understand why we should shoot lies down and we should.

I was mostly talking about the MAGA crowd. They are uneducated, illogical, and crazed. Their minds won’t change. I just don’t want people to get their hopes up of changing these people’s minds.