• Zaemz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    14 days ago

I putz with Discover sometimes. Though I have no idea how it resolves package updates under the hood, as it often will produce a different manifest than running dnf itself.

What would you like to see improved?

• @TheRedSpade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      34 days ago

I usually can’t find what I’m looking for, so a larger catalogue would go a long way. I also had problems with some software versions. The one that comes to mind is that Firefox had behavior with the save dialogue that I don’t like. It’s a minor issue, but one that I don’t have with the build in the Arch repo. I have a vague memory of something just not working, but I couldn’t tell you what at this point.

• Zaemz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        34 days ago

Ah, I see! Yeah, a bigger catalog would be nice. You can add more repositories to it, enable Flathub, which provide more options, but something about it does feel hamstrung.

The Firefox thing is something I know about! You can set a config option in the about:config page to tell Firefox to use your desktop’s standard dialogue. It has to do with XDG Desktop specifications, I think

• @TheRedSpade@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          24 days ago

It uses the system dialogue, but it starts from the same directory each time. If I’m saving files it’s usually multiple files in succession, so I want the dialogue to start off pointed at the last directory I saved to. The Arch build does that.

• Zaemz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            24 days ago

Ooohh! Interesting. You’ve got me curious about that now. I’ll have to look into it.