Green Party candidate Jill Stein is gaining ground among Muslim-American voters in three critical swing states: Michigan, Arizona, and Wisconsin, according to a recent poll by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Stein leads Vice President and Democrat candidate Kamala Harris in these states, with 40 per cent support in Michigan, 35 per cent in Arizona, and 44 per cent in Wisconsin. This surge in popularity appears tied to Stein’s vocal criticism of US support for Israel during the ongoing genocide in Gaza.

• @mathemachristian@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    214 days ago

She’s the VICE president! We can already judge her actions and make pretty accurate judgements on how she will act as president based on what she is currently doing. Which is aiding genocide.

• @aalvare2@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      -64 days ago

Being the VP by itself doesn’t give her any authority to make decisions concerning the Israel-Palestine conflict.

You can criticize her on the basis that she’ll likely continue the same kinds of actions Biden has already taken in the conflict, which has involved support for Israel, but also some sanctions against Israel, ceasfires, and calls for a two-state solution. I’m under the impression that if Biden was truly unconditionally pro-Israel, that the conflict would be over by now in the most violent way.

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆M
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        3 days ago

The fact that she’s at the highest levels of Biden admin is itself an endorsement of the policies of the administration she’s part of. She absolutely can be judged on that basis. On top of that, everything she has said publicly clearly indicates that she’s all in on the genocide. She even repeated debunked October 7th rape claims at the debate. There is no question of where she stands. It’s the height of intellectual dishonesty to continue pretending otherwise.

• @anarcho_blinkenist@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          53 days ago

smh just because I was Hitler’s personal attaché doesn’t mean I agree with Hitler’s policies it wasn’t like I had the authority to make those decisions myself while I helped engage in the diplomatic and administrative duties to facilitate them

• @anarcho_blinkenist@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        23 days ago

I’m under the impression that if Biden was truly unconditionally pro-Israel, that the conflict would be over by now in the most violent way.

He literally sidestepped around congress twice to shovel guns and bombs to them faster than even the bloodthirsty Zionists in Congress could — who were already themselves bipartisanly moving to do the same.

He 100% wanted Gazans wiped off the face of the earth before the elections hit. Don’t make yourself such an easy mark for the most despicable racketeers, murderers, and liars that billionaire and arms-dealer money can buy. These democrat politicians, just like their Republican colleagues who work for the same class of people, would disappear both of us and our entire families to one of the countless bipartisan CIA blacksite torture camps around the world before showing real humanity toward the working class and the victims of their imperialism. There is never any reason to defend them.

• @aalvare2@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          3 days ago

He literally sidestepped around congress twice

I appreciate the source, I was not aware of this.

That said, has Biden sidestepped Congress since these sales to send additional weapons to Israel? These sales happened just 2 months after the assault on Israel, and just a few weeks apart from one another. It’d be nice to know if any other sidestepping occurred in the following 9 months, the bulk of the conflict.

Edit: added quote