Billie Eilish is the latest high-profile entertainer to back Vice President Harris’s White House bid, urging her fans to “vote like your life depends on it.”

“We are voting for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz because they are fighting to protect our reproductive freedom, our planet and our democracy,” Eilish said in a video posted on social media on Tuesday.

“We can’t let extremists control our lives, our freedoms and our future,” Eilish’s brother and longtime collaborator, Finneas O’Connell, said in the message shared with the “Lunch” singer’s more than 7 million followers on X.

“The choice is clear,” the post said.

• @CosmicTurtle0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    182 days ago

Dolly is in deep Tennessee, where the majority who visits her theme park, listens to her music, and supports her, are Christian Republicans.

She’s smarter than the Dixie Chicks.

She won’t endorse Harris but will likely vote for her.

• @InverseParallax@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      112 days ago

I lived there.

I really wonder whether it would open more peoples’ eyes, or get her threats of violence.

I could see a lot of both coming :(

• Noble Shift
      link
      fedilink
      52 days ago

Of course she will vote for the party that doesn’t burn books…

• @pixxelkick@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      52 days ago

She has so much more sway than The Chicks had at the time, by such a huge amount.

The Chicks were already controversial, and had always been so.

But Dolly is the fucking queen of country, people revere her.

How many Dixie Chicks lookalike competitions were you seeing right before their career nosedived?

• @CosmicTurtle0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        2 days ago

People may revere Dolly. But given the propensity for violence by the Alt-right, she isn’t going to risk damage to her parks or threats to her employees.

The only upside Dolly has is standing on the right side of history but that’s not something she’ll see in her lifetime.

Edit: Though if Dolly were to endorse Harris, and she were to (heaven forbid) experience alt-right violence, I could see that as the catalyst for base Republicans moving towards the center.