• ObjectivityIncarnate
    link
    fedilink
    91 day ago

Huh, according to Indeed, the range for Domino’s delivery drivers around me is $18-$25 an hour. How far over minimum wage is your $12?

• @SendMePhotos@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      37 hours ago

Drivers heavily rely on tips. That is the estimated price range with tips. The base pay for Domino’s drivers in my area is $10/hr.

• @DrSteveBrule@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      1211 hours ago

I can’t speak for domino’s, but when I worked at pizza hut as a driver they advertised a similar pay. The reality is I got $4 and change an hour on the road and my states minimum wage in store plus tips. The listed pay range was what they guess you’ll make with tips.

• @Demdaru@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        58 hours ago

Saw similiar shit here. “Delivery person needed!”. And whne it comes to pay, it’s sudden;y “up to xx/h”. God forbit they pay you normally.

• At least dominoes is still hiring their own drivers! Papa John’s uses DoorDash, aka when the driver steals your food everyone points fingers at the other and the customer always loses.

• ObjectivityIncarnate
        link
        fedilink
        19 hours ago

I realize that, and mainly considered the bottom of the range as a result; $18 is still a far cry from $12, after all.

• @meliaesc@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          9 hours ago

But on slow days, they are still only getting minimum wage ($7.25)… tips are part of the culture, but not guaranteed and can’t be counted on for budgeting living expenses.

• @ansiz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      13 hours ago

It’s NC, so it’s bottom of the barrel what is legally required minimum wage. 7.25