• @Septimaeus@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    2915 hours ago

It wouldn’t occur to me to broadcast this to others on the internet, especially with personal details, even for a random solicitor, let alone a family member, let alone my own child.

And since the kid didn’t anticipate the public ridicule, it may very well be the first time they ever asked for this kind of help. What an awful way to learn your parent considers you little more than an expendable prop in their social life.

In nature, some species prey upon their young. We usually understand this as an evolutionary mechanism, to ensure only the strongest offspring survive. With that in mind, if your parent behaves like this, consider that they may no longer be your caregiver, and it may be time for you to decide what it takes to be the offspring that survives.

• @DillyDaily@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      26 hours ago

I’m hoping she doesn’t teach highschoolers. If her students cought wind of this post and worked out it was about their teacher, classroom management goes out the window.

• @SolOrion@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      37 hours ago

It wouldn’t occur to me to broadcast this to others on the internet, especially with personal details, even for a random solicitor, let alone a family member, let alone my own child.

That enrages me. I don’t understand why people feel the need to air their dirty laundry on social media. Keep that shit to yourself, the relevant parties, and your therapist.

link
        fedilink
        16 hours ago

For some reason, some folks think they can make themselves look better by making everyone around them look worse.

• bufalo1973
      link
      fedilink
      710 hours ago

And when the time comes that shitty person will ask “why she doesn’t love me? Why she threw me to this garbage asylum?” without understanding it.

link
        fedilink
        36 hours ago

And only because at some point they decided to stop hearing anyone who disagreed. It’s not just their kids who stop talking to them. Eventually everyone figures it out, and this type of person ends up pretty isolated later in life.

link
        fedilink
        611 hours ago

Social Darwinism disgusts me…

Same, but I picked this illustration for a reason.

Abusive parents often use essentialist language to keep their children bound with obligation and guilt. Vulnerability to that rhetoric tends to be associated with notions of “natural law,” so I suspect a natural metaphor has a better chance of resonating with those that need to hear it.