• @argv_minus_one@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    31 year ago

Well, no, there is a way to turn back. The shareholders can fire spez and replace him with someone community-friendly. A lot of goodwill has been burned, but that would put out the fire pretty quickly, at least.

• pizza_rolls
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 year ago

If they brought on a new CEO who kept removing mods forcefully and telling blind people to get fucked I don’t think that goodwill would last very long. They would have to give up something to get on everyone’s good side.

• Jon-H558
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

I’m there until the 30th when rif dies mainly posting in defence of mods and offering alternatives.

• MerylasFalguard
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 year ago

Except that it wouldn’t fix the fact that a lot of 3rd party developers are done. Even if Reddit sacked Huffman and rolled back the API changes, the odds of Apollo, RiF, Sync, etc. developers coming back is basically zero after all of this.

And now that they’ve shown their hand with the mods, the odds of getting their good mods back are slim-to-none as well.

• Flaky_Fish69
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

I mean, yeah, they could.

They won’t. But they could.

Realistically, the damage is done, so it doesn’t matter. The people who have left aren’t coming back. The people who haven’t left, don’t care.