NSFW just in case.

I started estrogen and anti-androgen about 6 years ago, and it’s worked well. Changes have been slow since I take a low dose to prevent overdosing since I don’t get any blood tests on account of not doing it officially, since I was denied on account of refusing to dress in drag for my disgusting doctor (he saw me as a man), who denied me on account of not proving I’m really a woman. Though at this point I’m pretty far along and mostly pass, if not for my voice (I still sound like a man 😭). Even though it’s largely gone well, I would’ve really preferred to do it officially. Apparently it’s not an option though for me. Anyone else have any experiences with DIY they’d like to share?

• Lily
    link
    fedilink
    -14 hours ago

you can’t really “overdose” on Estrogen (you can overdose on AA’s tho!!), there is technically a limit of “too high” E but its so incredibly high you’ll never get anywhere close on normal dosing. anyway DIY is awesome! fuck the system. we don’t understand why creatures are so adamant on having cishet doctors control their lives… especially when they have proven time and time again they are transphobic bigots who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. you don’t need a doctor to tell you what dosage you need to take… especially since they’ll probably tell you the wrong dosage.

anyway, rant aside. DIY is great, it saves the lives of soooo many trans creatures (including us) and supporting the creatures who make it possible is also great!