• @MuffinHeeler@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    3911 hours ago

Your public toilets are not private. There should never be a gap around the door. The height should be above what any reasonable person would grow to, and the lower height of the door should hide the person’s feet on the toilet unless you crouch down. It’s weird and very off putting to use one

• Right?! A country that’s so prudish and worried about nudity, and yet they observe each other on the toilet? I feel like the whole transgender-bathroom discussion would be mostly gone if they had normal toilets with privacy.

• Dark Arc
      link
      fedilink
      English
      46 hours ago

Yeah, I went to Germany … we need to fix this. It could be so much better, we should copy the German’s and use full doors.

• @Poik@pawb.social
      link
      fedilink
      109 hours ago

They say it’s to prevent crime. Same as a lot of the awful things we come to expect. I’m willing to bet it doesn’t do anything noticeable with respect to crime.

• @Poik@pawb.social
          link
          fedilink
          44 hours ago

Hahaha. I think when they say crimes, I think they mean doing drugs and having sex. So largely nothing actually harmful unless the person passes out.

• queermunist she/her
        link
        fedilink
        108 hours ago

It’s to prevent the expectation of privacy. We’ve all been trained to accept that we are being spied on, even when we shit.