• cum
    link
    fedilink
    English
    418 hours ago

Wow what an incredibly xenophobic and hateful headline.

Also from the author himself:

The studies used to support these data, however, are controversial. This is in part because they may have considered only specific population groups or a small sample size per country.

What productive and enlightening kind of discussions were you expecting with that headline, OP?

• @JadenSmith@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 hour ago

It gets a bit annoying tbh. I’m born and raised in London, however spent a good number of years in America. Met amazing people, and forged lifelong friendships to boot. Over here people are given the impression that it’s overall a rather dangerous and hate filled place… There’s no winning arguments though, my former coworkers find the enthusiasm and general cheeriness of the Americans they met as a huge downside. I just don’t get it.

• @dependencyinjection@discuss.tchncs.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      55 hours ago

Yeah I’m not American but it’s particularly egregious (shocking for you Americans 😉) as it states that the score for the USA was 98 and the global average was 100.

So OP is an ass for that title imo.

• @dependencyinjection@discuss.tchncs.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          34 hours ago

Well I would say IQ tests don’t equate to actual intelligence. I also take issue with the adjective dumber.

OP could have worded it better, something like:

Americans score lower than average on IQ tests. USA: 98 VS Global: 100.