• @DJDarren@thelemmy.club
    link
    fedilink
    English
    267 hours ago

As someone who has recently begun dipping in to Linux and trying to figure it all out, I agree with this.

I feel like if Samsung or someone embraced Linux in the way Apple have macOS, it could very easily become a serious contender to Windows. But I guess no one could trust Samsung to not fuck it all up and make it a proprietary fork that would end up having nothing to do with Linux.

• @MonkeMischief@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      6 hours ago

Basically like they (and Google) have handled phones. “Wow look, a majority of the OS work is done for us! Sooo if we just…overlay it all with proprietary blobs and un-removable software and locked bootloaders and…”

• @DontMakeMoreBabies@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      96 hours ago

Fuck Samsung but ValveOS (something aimed at the average user) would be neat to see. At least until Valve goes full on ‘LET’S BE FUCKING EVIL!’

• andrew_bidlaw
        link
        fedilink
        English
        136 hours ago

Darth Gaben: To verify your identity, say the gamer word out loud with the hard R explicitly pronounced. If you’d fail to do this check every half an hour (offline included), the VAC ban would follow. I don’t make rules, hahaha, no, I make them up as we speak.