Other day I made a post about transphobia in the Fediverse and I crossposted to several communities, one of them was !fediverse@lemmy.zip. It seems the post I made attracted the attention of the mod and he decided to come over to this community and post transphobia apologia here. He was banned shortly afterwards. I would encourage people here to avoid that community, and any other communities he moderates. Since as a moderator he can easily exercise his power to silence dissenting views and to intimidate others. It’s not best to participate there.

I don’t know of many good ones that could be used instead, perhaps someone could start a fediverse community on lemmy.blahaj.zone, but that’s beside the point of the post. Main point is to share this information with the community so you can avoid using a community run by a known transphobe.

• southsamurai
    link
    fedilink
    English
    184 hours ago

Hey, you’re new to lemmy.

Some advice.

It’s one thing to point out bad acts, it’s another to make recommendations. You’re here saying to use .ml, and if that’s your opinion, that’s fine. But you’ve missed a lot if you’re making that recommendation based on mods/admins stances on trans issues and rights.

You simply haven’t had this account long enough to be making recommendations at all tbh, but you really gotta do your research before doing so. Lemmy.ml, for all the good it has, is also run by some people that have a track record om trans rights that’s dubious to some degree or another. Even if the fediverse C/ is moderated by someone that isn’t dubious, it’s still a strange recommendation to be making here.

You do you, but you’re likely to end up mixed in drama if you keep diving in head first without due diligence.

• @Blazingtransfem98OP
      link
      English
      edit-2
      3 hours ago

I was pointing out that out of the three that we have here, the .ml one has the least problems. Maybe it isn’t perfect but the .zip one is run by a transphobia apologist who literally did it in this community, and the .world one is crawling with with transphobes and transphobia apologists.

Maybe lemmy.ml as an instance isn’t super great, I can understand that. I know about the controversy with Nutomic. I just wanted to suggest an alternative to using the one on lemmy.zip and I don’t think it’s a great idea to use the one on lemmy.world because lemmy.world as an instance has a transphobia problem among their userbase, and it’s really bad to be there as someone openly trans or visibly queer.

I changed my post not to recommend lemmy.ml specifically, and instead be about the event itself without offering any recommendations of alternatives specifically. What matters most is that people here know about this and don’t continue using a community run by a transphobia apologist.

• @pixeltree@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        61 hour ago

World has the problem of being the default, ml has the problem of being tankie central. Blahaj zone is by far the best for queer people imo. Some people still have problems with Ada the main admin but she does her damnedest to be fair and transparent imo, and you’ll never please everyone.

• @Blazingtransfem98OP
          link
          English
          259 minutes ago

Ada seems really cool, she does a lot for this community and won’t take shit from transphobes, which seem to be most of the people I see complaining about her, transphobes and their “centrist” apologists. IMO those are the one group of people you don’t try to please, them not being pleased is a good thing.