The Green Party leader has hired a GOP consulting firm and worked with Trump-affiliated lawyers.

• @empireOfLove2@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 hours ago

Oh, here’s a picture for you BTW that using your logic shows that Biden works for Putin.

…You know there is this thing called talks with world leaders on a global stage as a politician,

Incorrect equivalency, invalid argument. The difference there is Biden is the elected President of the United States. It is quite literally HIS JOB to meet with foreign heads of state, including Putin. I don’t suspect him of collaborating when he has public meetings with a foreign power. Hell, I don’t even suspect Trump when he had those meetings because it was unfortunately also his job. it was all the other shady shit we learn about and pro-Putin comments he’s made.
    Stein is an unelected nobody with less than zero power in the US, except for the fact that she participates in and disrupts American elections. She has NO rights as an American citizen to be discussing anything with a foreign power that may be related to elections or policy or relations, which I guarantee she did at that dinner table. This is called the Logan Act, and she is an unauthorized representative.

Again, let me repeat this. SHE IS NOT A POLITICIAN, SHE IS AN UNELECTED CANDIDATE. SHE HAS ZERO RIGHT TO BE INTERACTING WITH ANY FOREIGN POWER IN ANY CAPACITY.

Jill Stein called Putin a war criminal.

After weaseling around the word for over 5 minutes in an interview, both-sidesing it the entire time, then releasing a half hearted press release the day after as damage control. Such a transparently obvious agenda that had to get “approved” before posting, it’s painful.

but you’re not demanding that Biden or Harris call Netanyahu a war criminal.

Words in my mouth, not relevant. I absolutely think Netanyahu is a war criminal and should be called as much, but we aren’t talking about him right now are we? Just had to make stuff up that I didn’t say.

You know who else Russia helped? Bernie Sanders. According to your logic, if Russia helped Bernie Sander’s campaign then he must be a Russian agent.

Correct, but he called them out on it and actively rejected any of their support.. Stein has made no such public rejection of their support. Also, maybe this should make you think really long and hard about why Russia might also want to support Stein and Trump this time around?

No offense, but this thread is over, because I am not going to waste any more time arguing with a bad-faith brick wall who is only here to spread misinformation. The outlined points above are for everyone else on the Fediverse. Have a nice work week!

• John Richard
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      5 hours ago

Again your desperation is about painting pictures without evidence. However, you seem to forget things like this:

https://www.wsj.com/video/obama-medvedev-hot-mic-gaffe/5F7CF09D-CFD5-4805-A72C-3378D5F8371E

Or Obama’s controversial 2008 trips to Israel & Berlin where he not only did he discuss US policy, but he was there to get the support of the government & its people for his policy proposals.

Here we have a picture of Obama meeting with the Israeli President in Jerusalem on 07/23/2008 prior to becoming President.

Oh, look, here Obama is standing next to a war criminal on July 23, 2008:

Now had you actually read the Logan Act and had a clue about anything, you’d know that the Logan Act is specifically about prohibiting private citizens from conducting foreign policy and is rarely enforced unless someone is trying to substantially influence foreign policy against the current US administration’s stance.

I see where you’re coming from though. If you demand a third-party presidential candidate call someone a war criminal then they must do on your timeline cause you have much more experience than an actual presidential candidate about how they can best achieve future negotiations, but when the President you elected won’t call Netanyahu a war criminal then it doesn’t really matter to you that much, especially considering that you want to get the campaign/party re-elected that has reassured Netanyahu that they’ll keep sending money for genocide.

I see you want to run away now… maybe Kamala HQ is calling you right now saying their pro-genocide statements aren’t doing as well as they hoped and them gushing over Dick Cheney’s support didn’t get the positive reaction they had hoped. I wonder if they’ve figured out that their commitment to Netanyahu isn’t a good choice considering he’s working against the Democrats.