• RandomStickman
        link
        fedilink
        268 hours ago

ReVanced, in conjunction with MicroG, allows youto be logged in to Google while still having an ad block and sponsor block on mobile. Also setting up might be a little more difficult since it needs you to patch a YouTube apk yourself.

I understands this might be the exact opposite of what some people want but it works for me.

• unalivejoy
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          3 hours ago

Ironic that Revanced, an app that claims to block YouTube ads, injects its own ads.

Edit: I downloaded the wrong version.

• @Wappen@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            257 hours ago

Maybe you have downloaded the wrong APK, there are some bad actors providing “pre built YouTube Revanced APKs”. Be sure to only download the Revanced Manager from https://revanced.app/ and the unpatched YT APK (version should match the recommended one in the manager) from a trusted source like apkpure etc.

• @DashboTreeFrog
            link
            English
            37 hours ago

Does it actually? Genuinely want to know. I’ve been using Revanced since vanced stopped working and haven’t seen a single ad but maybe that’s because of other things I’m doing with my phone

• RandomStickman
              link
              fedilink
              217 hours ago

I have no idea what that person meant. The only thing that Revanced “injects” are info and updates of the app. The only thing I can think of is if they’ve installed it from a sketchy unofficial source.

• @DashboTreeFrog
                link
                English
                46 hours ago

That’s a relief, was worried I was gonna have to figure out an alternative again

• Björn Tantau
        link
        fedilink
        English
        78 hours ago

It’s the original YouTube app but with addons. Revanced actually uses Newpipe to offer downloads. Biggest difference is that you can log in with your YouTube account on Revanced.

• @EngineerGaming@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        English
        26 hours ago

I did use to use Vanced but stuck with Newpipe as it was lighter (not tried Revanced as I switched before the shutdown).