• @atzanteol@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    -111 months ago

Like, I remember the time when you had to carry around a fucking proprietary charger for every single fucking device?

Oh yes - we refer to those days as “the dark days”. I’m still scarred for life for having to have multiple chargers.

You can have “a preferred state” without “passing a law enforcing it.” The world is marching towards USB as it is. Passing a law for this was stupid and useless.

• @yA3xAKQMbq@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 months ago

🥱 Oh look, Mr Gotcha is still on it.

Honey, you were so close from realizing what utter bullshit you’re talking when you moved from „tHeY jUsT sTaNdArDiZeD a CoNnEcToR“ to „it’s a collection of standards!“.

Don’t cry, you can still use as many chargers as you want, that’s okay. You’re okay.

You said it yourself „leave standards to experts“. I suggest you do that and go outside and play with the other 3rd graders, mh?

• @atzanteol@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        011 months ago

Honey, you were so close from realizing what utter bullshit you’re talking when you moved from „tHeY jUsT sTaNdArDiZeD a CoNnEcToR“ to „it’s a collection of standards!“

You realize USB has more than one protocol for power delivery right? In what way do you think those two statements are contradictory? And within those standards are a range of viable voltages and power outputs. Not every USB charger can deliver the power to a laptop. Most can’t.

I don’t want multiple standards - I’m just saying it’s idiotic to pass a law requiring one connector.

The purported purpose of this law is to “reduce e-waste” and I believe it will do no such thing. 240W USB adapters are expensive so people will continue to buy the low-cost cables and chargers for, e.g. charging their phone on their desk at work.

• @yA3xAKQMbq@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          111 months ago

Look, there’s no need to repeat your incoherent drivel ad nauseam. Nobody cares what the fuck you think other people will do.

The only valuable thing you’ve said in the last days was, again, „leave standards to experts“.

Since you seem to be really slow on the uptake: you’re not one of them.

Now please go outside and play with the other children, okay?