I was wondering , if you will be ready to work fof an organisation that you oppose ideologically , for instance you are against big oil but you get a job interview in exxonmobil with good pay , would you consider it ?

*Edit : Recently a friend of mine got a marketing job for a company that had shady business practices , selling their product to gullible parents. Since it was a marketing job , the pay was good but my friend left it within a week , saying it does not suit his ideology.

• @solrize@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    11 months ago

There is 1) work you can do to improve this messed up world, 2) work that leaves it as messed up as it already is but doesn’t make it particularly worse, and 3) work that actively seeks to make it worse.

I’ll do #1 for free or at discounted rates, #2 if the pay is good (this is what I generally expect to do these days), and avoid #3 to the extent that I can. Though if the pay is ridiculously good, maybe that transfer of assets from the bad guys to me could be considered an improvement in the world in its own right ;).

• @TheOtterITGuy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      611 months ago

This is my kind of logic, surely taking money from those with less morals is better than not since I decreases their influence (in theory)