• jecxjo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    7611 months ago

Not a photographer but worked at the restaurant where a wedding party had their rehearsal dinner.

The groom stood up and gave a toast, all well and good. Not sure if he didnt habe parents or what but the bride’s father talked a moment and gave the groom a few jabs that slowly turned into him almost roasting the guy. Took it that the bride’s father didn’t really like the guy. Groom made a jab back and the father slung it right back at him.

And that is when the groom goes off and slugs the bride’s father square in the face and down he goes. Groom says a bunch of “fuck you and fuck you” and walks out of the restaurant. We ended up having to walk all these people to their cars because they were afraid the groom might come back and do something (ha like I’m going to protect your great aunt mulva if he comes back with a gun!).

A couple came into the restaurant a few weeks later, friends of one side of the wedding party. Turns out the groom went back to the hotel, packed up his stuff and left to go back home. Had all the bride’s stuff packed and on a moving truck to her parents place before the weekend was out. Groom just flat out nope’d her.

• @Tikiporch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        311 months ago

I dunno. I can’t ask her now; I’ve already made out with her. Once you make out with a woman, you can’t ask her her name.

• jecxjo
        link
        fedilink
        English
        1011 months ago

This was the only rehearsal dinner at the restaurant in the 4 years I worked there. Big tourist area, lots of people got married there but never saw something like that.

Lots of other weird stuff happened at resorts I worked at too. The things the staff sees is crazy sometimes.

• Maybe he saw something in his experience with the bride to indicate she took after her father. Or maybe they talked on the phone immediately after, and she took her father’s side. That relationship is not going to work, no matter how hard you try.