• @oantolin
    link
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I tried logging into codeberg to create some issues, but apparently I don’t know my password anymore and codeberg’s “Forgot password?” link is broken (it says it sent me an email but those are lies). So instead I’ll just mention the issues I’ve found here (sorry to monopolize this thread so much), for @blawsybogsy@lemmy.ml:

1. It seems like my GPG troubles were all solved by (setq epg-pinentry-mode 'loopback), maybe this should be mentioned in the documentation.

2. I don’t think lem.el needs to depend on an external program to render markdown. Instead I suggest just using markdown-mode’s fontification, which is a dependency anyway!

3. I’m not too fond of the emojify dependency either. I have a font with very nice emojis, why do I also need emojfiy downloading tons of images of emojis? Just use the unicode emoji characters directly.

4. So many useful lem commands are unbound! There isn’t even a keybinding to reply to post or comments! It seems like all the commands I would want exist, they just aren’t bound in lem-mode-map.

5. With the code I first cloned from codeberg, the command lem-ui-jump-to-subscribed showed all my communities as options, then I updated and now it seems that if several communities have the same name (I’m subscribed to emacs both on communick.news and on lemmy.ml, for example), only one gets shown as an option.

I think that’s it. All in all I’m really enjoying the package, these are really minor complaints.