• HexesofVexes
    link
    fedilink
    English
    3111 months ago

Looks like I’ll be masking for 8 hours straight on my flight home. It’s a bastard (my glasses fog up constantly), but that’s life.

I just hope it gets tamed before term starts since I’d rather not be forced to teach hybrid again (the style of lesson where every student loses)!

• @restingcarcass@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1211 months ago

Look into mask tape, it’s double-sided tape that goes along the inside bridge of the mask. I buy a pack of 100 strips on amazon and it lasts me a couple months. Cheap and easy and completely solves that issue.

• BrightCandle
      link
      fedilink
      English
      911 months ago

The fog means it’s not fit properly. Air should not be escaping over the bridge of the nose it should diffuse out of the entire mask. Either the strips across the top are not being bent correctly to contour the nose or the mask just can’t be made to fit your face shape and you need to try something else.

• tiredofsametab
      link
      fedilink
      511 months ago

My wife and I are going to the US from Japan in roughly a month. Our first flight is something like 12 hours. Not going to be a fun one. I’m hoping her first time in the US and mine in 5 or 6 years isn’t spent with corona. We’re also visiting my elderly grandparents for what may be the last time, but I’d certainly rather not MAKE it the last time by bringing disease with.

• @rndll@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      411 months ago

Get a piece of tissue paper and fold it into a thin lengthwise strip. Put it on top of the bridge of your nose and underneath the mask. No more fog.

• @scarabic@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

I don’t wear glasses full time, just sunglasses and reading glasses, but they’re really hard to make compatible with masks. Fogging up sounds like an inconvenience but you basically can’t see within seconds. I wonder if a lot of people opted for contacts or lasik during this period to help compensate. Regardless, yes, masks on flights just make sense. It’s a huge number of strangers in a very close space and not something you need to do every day. You’re not exercising or socializing or moving about in public so why not just mask up and sit tight.

• @LosQ@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

You could use a bandaid to seal the top of the mask across the bridge of your nose. This will prevent air from escaping up and fogging up your glasses.

• Acedelgado
      link
      fedilink
      011 months ago

Buy a few good reusable masks (that you can run through the washer) that have a metal strip inside to conform to your nose. Have the top of the mask up high on the bridge of your nose and push down on it so the metal strip conforms to your nose shape. Rest the plastic feet of your glasses on top of the metal strip, so that they’re resting on the mask and not on your nose. That’s what I figured out keeps my breath from escaping the top of the mask so it eliminates fogging.