It uncovered eight WHO panelists involved with assessing safe levels of aspartame consumption who are beverage industry consultants who currently or previously worked with the alleged Coke front group, International Life Sciences Institute (Ilsi).

Their involvement in developing intake guidelines represents “an obvious conflict of interest”, said Gary Ruskin, US Right-To-Know’s executive director. “Because of this conflict of interest, [the daily intake] conclusions about aspartame are not credible, and the public should not rely on them,” he added.

• exscape
      link
      fedilink
      1411 months ago

Just looking at the list of topics (“All topics” button in the menu) raises some major alarm flags about the trustworthyness of usrtk.org as a source.

• PeleSpirit
        link
        fedilink
        English
        111 months ago

I deleted it, it was linked to a WHO article so they got me. Sorry about that.

• @DarkWasp@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      11 months ago

The biggest issue I’m seeing is there’s other research that is the opposite of that so it keeps going back and forth which is problematic and hard to parse.

Edit: Like others stated that site is extremely sketchy and I’m very skeptical of their credibility.