• @Skelectrician@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        010 months ago

What do you do for a living? For many, wearing a mask while working is a recipe for guaranteed heat exhaustion. I’m not subjecting myself to that, and if the illness is anything at all like the last time I had it, it was a goddamn cold.

Wearing a mask in a hospital full of people with compromised health and all sorts of contagions floating around is a really good idea.

Wearing a mask outdoors in the summer time on a construction site full of other able-bodied people is just fucking silly.

• @Aux@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          010 months ago

What kind of construction work are you talking about if you’re not wearing a mask? Anything that produces fine dust or requires working with volatile chemicals like paints and aerosols requires you to work in a mask at all times. Do you have any work safety regulations in your country?

• starlinguk
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Who says you won’t be one of the 15 percent who get long covid?

• @Skelectrician@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        -210 months ago

What did they say like 76 percent of the population has had one strain or another of covid?

Even if masks are totally effective, all you’re going to effectively do is delay the inevitable. You will catch this; it’s only a matter of time. I choose to get it over with.