• Ben
    link
    fedilink
    English
    5411 months ago

So really, it’s not just me that found him to be producing smarmy and careless content? My first views were of his various challenges - where they consistently ‘proved’ that people can’t do things in an OS that they don’t have experience with, which means they’d be better off doing it in a much worse OS that they used since they were kids - and therefore it’s better.

I really liked Nexus’s video - though it didn’t help me as I wouldn’t waste time on LTT. I don’t like or trust these coroporate video mills, any more than I trust Google/Youtube - they don’t give a toss as long as the money flows and they didn’t get sued.

• Altima NEO
      link
      fedilink
      English
      3811 months ago

So the careless content didnt really matter much - so long that they were still a tech entertainment youtube channel. But with the advent of LTT Labs, theyre trying to push themselves into a more reputable tech reviewer space and thats where the problems arise.

• @601error@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1411 months ago

Recently asked my coworkers. Turns out we all dislike Linus Sebastian and his content.

• Pons_Aelius
        link
        fedilink
        1611 months ago

Turns out we all dislike Linus Sebastian

I read that as “Turns out we all dislike Little Sebastian” and thought “Oh shit, don’t let Ron Swanson hear you say that!”