The world’s largest chipmaker promised to create thousands of US jobs. There are growing tensions over whether US workers have the skills or work ethic to do them.::Jobs at the TSMC semiconductor factory in Arizona could require long hours and total obedience. Americans may push back on the company’s culture.

• Discoslugs
    link
    fedilink
    English
    2111 months ago

The Factory in Arizona could require long hours and total obedience.

Wft does total obedience mean. Lol what bullshit.

I work in a semi conductor fab and I assure you the most inept workers here are the upper managers.

I have to give 3 separate updates a day with the same information to the same people. They are constantly worried about micro-schedules and push backs, while also requireing endless meetings to discuss why we arent making the deadlines. Its fucking ludacris. Also their Internet doesnt work inside the fab so I have to stop work early to leave and then email them their fucking updates.

These are the same people who are attempting to use temp companies to fill every position and then wondering if their workers have the work ethic. Lol.

Pay people a living wage and stop making their jobs miserable.

• Discoslugs
        link
        fedilink
        English
        311 months ago

I dont work for the semiconductor company itself. I am a vendor. It is still bs but I have some insluation from the worst of it.