Many parent control apps are more like Spyware and are often also exactly that, Spyware which spy on your Kids. Or Google Family Link is also a great example which you can’t remove even if you want too (as parent). I already setup a non-child-friendly blocking DNS and set the Age Limit in the Google Play Store and did all the Privacy related stuff, but I’m still thinking how can I make a Android phone more secure for children? The threads I’m talking about are non-child-friendly content, malware, scams, etc.

• @HumanPerson@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I would say keep using basic security stuff like dns ad/malware/non-child-friendly content blockers, and (more importantly) educate them so they know how to stay safe. If you aren’t handing them an iPhone with their own instagram account as soon as they turn 2 you are doing better than a lot of parents. As a kid (high school age) I can tell you that they will figure out ways around anything you put on there but as long as they understand internet security they won’t want to bypass it.