• RonJonGuaido [none/use name]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

honestly how could you be stupid enough to get on plane w/ that guy? this was the single most predictable event of the entire conflict.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

There’s chance none of them were alive when the plane took off.
      The cool thing about plane crashes is that they make autopsies reeaally superficial.

• @sunbeam60@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        310 months ago

Ah, right, the plane took off on its own, did it? Remind me again of the avionics in an Embraer? I didn’t realise they had introduced communication with ATC, navigating the airport etc. completely automatically.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          510 months ago

Dude I’m really not trying to build a conspiracy theory, all I’m saying is that it doesn’t need a Machiavellian genius to put 10 corpses on a plane, fly it at altitude and jump off with a parachute before it crashes in the forest. It’s like “Action movie 101”.

• @sunbeam60@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            10 months ago

But the plane was flying at cruise speed and there’s only two exits on the Legacy 600 - left side passenger door or over the wings. Either of of those gets a pilot sucked straight into an engine. A few people have parachuted off a passenger plane, but only through emergency exits behind the wings (with wing mounted engines) or the tail staircase.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              edit-2
              10 months ago

You obviously know about planes more than me.
              Still I agree with @RonJonGuaido that Prigozhin had no logic reason to be on a flight in Russian territory (other than being someway forced to do that)

• @sunbeam60@lemmy.one
                link
                fedilink
                110 months ago

What’s odd is that it looks like the plane was leaving Moscow, not arriving.

He may simply have felt safe, for reasons we don’t understand.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  110 months ago

Yet the plane was on its way to st. Petersburg according to the article… That’s a hell of a detour for a man that was supposed to be in Africa

• @sunbeam60@lemmy.one
            link
            fedilink
            310 months ago

Also adding a quick comment to apologise for my snide comment in the beginning. I think I hadn’t gotten my morning coffee yes - an explanation but no excuse. Sorry.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              310 months ago

No worries man, I also tend to get pissed at people that form their opinion without doing research first, so no hard feelings ❤

• AlexisFR
        link
        fedilink
        210 months ago

Why would you bother? Just hide a bomb in the landing gear bay when servicing the plane just before taxi.

• @pH3ra@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          110 months ago

Yeah, but that doesn’t answer the question “what was he doing in a land where they want him dead?”