Business says it doesn’t serve anyone who is armed

• stopthatgirl7OP
        link
        fedilink
        1310 months ago

Yeah, I know, which is why I said I get where you were coming from, but it was still in poor taste.

• @mob@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            edit-2
            10 months ago

You are getting a funny reaction but I get you.

Dude said legalize “no questions asked discrimination” and you referenced a very well known example of discrimination in recent history. Seemed like a logical response to me.

• stopthatgirl7OP
              link
              fedilink
              910 months ago

Yeah, but the issue is using that particular example in a post talking about police.

Also, as a Black American, it’s really tiring when we and discrimination against us get pulled out to use as examples. Like, just keep us out of it some times.

• @mob@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                10 months ago

Thats goofy.

You’re telling me that if the conversation starts with cops, you agree with someone saying “they should be able to turn anyone away, no questions asked.”?

Dude didn’t say discriminating against cops is the same as discriminating against black people.

• Cethin
                link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                10 months ago

I don’t know what you’re not getting. Your post was about police specifically. The top comment of this chain days for any reason whatsoever, which could include, but is not limited to, race. The post isn’t wrong, the top level comment here is because some people would use the liberty of blocking anyone they want to ban people of color, which has happened in the past hence the example.