• @krayj@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    810 months ago

Feinstein is an order of magnitude more cognizant than McConnell, and yet a great many Dems want to see her removed also…and you just don’t see that kind of parity with the GOP.

• Unaware7013
      link
      fedilink
      1810 months ago

I wouldn’t go as far as to say the lady who tried to give a speech during a roll call vote, ceded power of attorney to her daughter and has to heavily rely on her staff to function is more mentally cognizant than the turtle by any stretch. He’s struggling, but she’s on another level.

But you’re right, there’s at least calls from the Dems to kick her out, so there is a decent difference between the two parties. I just wish the leadership felt the same way.

• @jscummy@sh.itjust.works
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      1010 months ago

There’s reports from colleagues that they need to repeatedly reintroduce themselves to her during the same meeting. She was completely unaware of her own months long absence from the capital.

There’s definitely more Democrats calling for her retirement than GOP calling for McConnells (AFAIK there are zero), but saying she’s an “order of magnitude more cognizant” is pretty damn generous

• @minorninth@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      910 months ago

That’s ridiculous, Feinstein is clearly far more gone.

The issue isn’t her replacement, it’s that Dems would lose control of all of the committees she’s on.

I don’t believe for one second that Democrats and Republicans are the same or equally corrupt.

In this case, though, it does seem like they’re both playing the same stupid game due to their own seniority rules.