Republican Georgia state Sen. Colton Moore on Tuesday told “War Room” host Steve Bannon that he plans to push the legislature to defund Fulton District Attorney Fani Willis’ prosecution of former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants, arguing that Trump’s prosecution threatens to ignite a “civil war.” Moore complained that indicted fellow state Sen. Shawn Still is going to have to spend “a million dollars” to defend himself in the case. “It’s just like Nazi Germany,” Moore claimed. “I mean, they want to call us the Nazis and their actions are Nazism.”

• @rjthyen@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    2310 months ago

Obviously I want just charges for the sake of what’s right, but I also want to see these fucker’s faces when they try to start a war and realize how few ppl are actually behind them at that level. I realize Trump’s support is ominously higher than many of us would think, but at each level of intensity it drops tremendously (I don’t even think half of his voters would admit to voting for him publicly). At the level out going to war I think they’d look around and feel pretty lonely.

All that said the fact that 47 percent of voters still supported him for reelection is terrifying

• WashedOver
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

I don’t think many realize how stirred up the followers of these people are. Even in Canada I see them sharing photos of themselves on the gun range claiming they are “battle ready”, how they will shoot anyone that forces their children to have mandatory sex changes in school, or force vaccines on them by coming to their houses to jab them, and how they would like to gather up all the liberals into a building and blow them all up.

I ask them have they heard of Timothy McVie or the OK city bombing and they usually haven’t, heck even Waco was too long ago for their collective memories despite this rhetoric sounding familiar.

There"s a real problem coming and those that are trying to be civil and decent are not prepared for this powder keg that has been created to explode. I’m really concerned there isn’t going to be the right amount of push back when the time comes to these enraged people that aren’t educated beyond their alternate news sources or their own research in their echo chambers. “Due process” has been eroded with claims of the left corrupting the legal system, judges, FBI, CIA and police forces against them.

I think people expect others to be at least as educated as them, but honestly many of these people can’t even point out the US on a global map let alone read a book beyond what they were “forced to” in high school.

Trump and his like have figured out how to use these people to further their means. I’m just surprised more haven’t turned on Trump after he didn’t back his fellow “Patriots” from arrest after Jan 6th or pay their legal costs. Mind you this is the same group that thinks a dead Kennedy was coming back to save the US from these evil child rapists on the left so I’m not sure there’s a pathway back to common sense for many of them as it is.