• Mossy Feathers (They/Them)
    link
    fedilink
    2810 months ago

How do you even find an impartial jury? I might be wrong but I was almost certain that an impartial jury is required to convict, which is why they always ask you about potential conflicts of interest when you attend jury duty. How many impartial jurors can there be at this point? Tbh, I’m not even sure I would trust an impartial jury with this case. To me, if you’re claiming to be impartial then you’re either lying, or you give zero fucks about politics and the people around you. Being impartial in this context has some really concerning implications about you.

• @MorrisonMotel6@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Am I biased? Fucking absolutely and I hope he’s found guilty.

Can I set aside my bias and only consider the evidence as presented? Also fucking absolutely.

There are plenty of people who care enough about the rule of law that would let a man they hate walk free. If you can’t, perhaps you should be more concerned with yourself than the implications you ascribe to others who don’t deserve it.

• @Riven@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        1610 months ago

My concern is that there’s a certain type of person who would have zero issues with lying about how impartial they are. Here’s a hint, they’re not like us.

• Entropywins
      link
      fedilink
      1810 months ago

I loath trump… but if I was on the jury I would do my job and set aside my personal feelings and listen to the evidence presented by both side and make a decision within the confines of the law… if the prosecution gave charges they couldn’t fully prove or over reached I hate to say it I’d have to find him not guilty even though I know morally he fucked up but it’s the states job to have competent prosecutors that do their job well. I truly hope the prosecution does a stellar job and gets a conviction and I hope those in the jury take it seriously and set aside personal feelings and listen to the facts.

• @randomaccount43543@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      1710 months ago

Being impartial doesn’t mean that you are midway between prosecution and defendant.

Impartial means that you will take the facts presented to you at face value and derive logical conclusions from those facts.