I installed the official Reddit app and went on it to see what the old place was looking like now. My inbox was filled with spam. The "home feed" shows subs I never subscribed to. There are so many ads. Between the ads and the the extra subs in the feed, it's hard to just scroll. I also noted a lot of spam in some of the subs. Maybe they are subs with no mods? I'm not sure what's up with that.

• @escapesamsara
    link
    91 year ago

I actually have tried to use reddit multiple times, however they’ve soft-disabled most new accounts. It’s around a 50% chance in my experience if your account is shadowbanned immediately, with a slightly lower chance it’ll be shadowbanned within a week, regardless of what you post. If you use a privacy-focused email provider or use a vpn, or use a browser that is resistant to fingerprinting, you’re basically persona non-grata at reddit. Which is honestly fine with me at this point, half of all content you encounter in almost any major sub is either bot posted or “totally a legitimate user that uses the site 24/7” posted.

• First Majestic Comet
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

You can usually appeal shadow-bans and they overturn them I’ve found, you have to send an appeal showing both that you know but also pretend you don’t know why otherwise they’ll think they owned you.