I haven’t watched TWD since season 7, but the trailer for this spin-off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOaFootkSk) really caught my interest.

No need to catch up on all the other seasons to follow the plot? ✅ Focus on one of my favorite characters from the old series? ✅ Cool & different medievalesque post-apocalyptic French setting? ✅

Hoping it’s as good as the early reviews suggest.

• danhakimi
    link
    fedilink
    310 months ago

I’m trying to figure out who is. My sister was obsessed with the show for a few years, but she still got fed up more than five years ago.

• @Daisyifyoudo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      210 months ago

Most fans, either from the graphic novel or those that watched since day1, have moved on. Long ago. And most cite Neegan’s arrival to be the breaking point (although I loved his arrival and watched one more season), but the writing became stale and formulaic. What was once a cool, creepy show about zombies and survial horror became a lazy, uninteresting power struggle among the major factions.

Only ones that watch now are late commers and boomers.

• @NightOwl@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      110 months ago

I wonder too. I read all the Walking Dead comics, but stopped following the tv series after season 6 of TWD and season 3 of FTWD. So it’s not like I was never part of the demographic.