Alternatively, if your current phone doesn’t have a headphone jack, do you wish it did?

• Gamma
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1610 months ago

Once you get decent Bluetooth headphones it’s a game changer, especially since consoles are starting to support them

• @Blizzard@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

especially since consoles are starting to support them

Are they? I thought the BT lag made them not fit for gaming. That’s the reason why Sony’s Pulse 3D headset for PS5 uses wifi. I haven’t tested any of this, I’m just repeating what I read.

• Gamma
          link
          fedilink
          English
          510 months ago

I haven’t had any issue with latency on phone, multiple laptops, or switch.

• @russjr08@outpost.zeuslink.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          410 months ago

This is the stated reason why Microsoft uses their proprietary wireless standard for Xbox controllers (which have Bluetooth, but not for the Xbox console itself) and headsets - but I haven’t had latency issues using bluetooth headphones on my PC.

Now, I know that in a lot of cases, Bluetooth doesn’t have the bandwidth necessary to do high quality bidrectional audio - so it can’t receive and send audio (microphone) without falling back to a very low quality profile, which results in cruddy audio. Not sure if this is an issue that has been fixed though. If not, I can’t imagine anyone would want to game and participate in voice chat using that as it sounds horrible.

• @signs23@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          110 months ago

I connect my bose nc700 with an audio cable to my controler and it works fine. I thought PS5 doesnt support other BT headsets, but i guess i should check.

• @gravalicious@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      810 months ago

Same here. I have a charger at home and work. If I travel, I bring a charger. I’m a responsible adult who knows when to charge Bluetooth headphones. I personally don’t have a need for a 3.5mm jack.

Buuuut, I’ll fight for fucking ever to keep them on phones. I should not be the only demographic on phone construction.

• @HughJanus@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      410 months ago

I use both.

Bluetooth can be convenient but also can be the opposite. On long travel days I don’t want to have to worry about battery life, and I always inevitably run into issues with cutting in and out, which I find extremely annoying

• @signs23@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        110 months ago

How long do you travel? I have In Ears and Over Ears with BT and both have battery time over 20hours. And i can also charge them in their cases.