• @CosmoNova@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      810 months ago

Some of the things you just mentioned are actually things Baldur‘s Gate 3 did, though. Namely Twitch drops, pre-order bonuses and (arguably) unreasonably priced purchased options with their day 1 DLC. The latter is especially baffling since Larian Studios makes a big deal of not paywalling extra content while doing exactly that from the start. It‘s also guilty of having quite a lengthy early access phase prior it‘s release.

The success does not come from lack of bullshit, but from delivering a good, polished product regardless.

• Fushuan [he/him]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        810 months ago

The 10€ DLC iirc only has content that references their past Divinity games, I feel like it’s one of the fairer DLCs, given that it’s completely innecesary for the full experience and might even detract from it for non larian fans. I feel like it’s better to give it as an extra purchase than include it in the pack.

Full disclosure I backed/preorderd the game the moment they announced in kickstarter and I have gotten it for 40ish euros iirc, and I got the DLC content for being an early backer. I don’t usually preorder but it’s Larian, they always overdeliver, and this time they did also, while raising the price of the completed game because they overdeveloped the initial concept way too much lol.

• @pory@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        110 months ago

Huh. I just looked up twitch drops for the game and I have those items. I never made or will make a larian account. Bizarre.