• @Tar_alcaran@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1210 months ago

That is SUCH an amazing way to put it. No grinding, no waiting for timers to run out, no traveling back and forth to savepoint, no insanely hard challenges or unlocks. Just experiencing it, and (for the most part) even failing forward.

• @orbitz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

Just scores of empty containers to check. I know they can’t all have something but respecting my time would include minimizing having so many empty containers. That’s about my only complaint so far though in that regard so it’s not that bad or anything either.

• @SHOW_ME_YOUR_ASSHOLE@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

So many empty containers but yet I still have a compulsive need to check each and every one.

I may be a loot goblin but my party has about 1300 spare camp supplies in Act 1 on tactician mode so I’ve got that going for me which is good.

• @SHOW_ME_YOUR_ASSHOLE@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            210 months ago

Lol my pinky gets tired holding down the alt key all the time. I need a mod that permanently enables those highlights and I need it to highlight everything including plates, cups, bottles, etc. Because I’m gonna take it all!

• @pory@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        10 months ago

The standard argument here is that you’re not supposed to look in every container for loot. However yep everyone I’ve seen play this game including myself is an absolute loot goblin. What if this rotten fruit basket has a +2 greatsword or boots of elvenkind!

I think there’s a mod that adds a button you can click to “loot the room” - characters make perception rolls and “find” anything of value and put the items into their inventories. Haven’t tried it but might be your jam.

• @orbitz@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          10 months ago

I completely agree with your comment. It’s a bit of a slowdown from play when you search everything but at the same time if playing tabletop you’d have people trying random things that don’t light up for interaction of a video game. In the end it’s only a slight slowdown anyways and does add to immersion so it’s not terrible but more a time waster is all.

I haven’t looked at mods yet, I like to do a first playthrough vanilla usually but I completely forgot they were a thing here, so thanks for the reminder.