I really like Bradley Phillips’ accuracy test videos, and I’d like a sight similar to his, that’s both accurate enough to test precision/accuracy at 100ish feet and can either work well with a recording device or has recording capabilities built in. Any recommendations for something I can get in the States? Picatinny compatibility is a must, but something that could also be mounted to other types of rails would be nice.

• AliOP
    link
    English
    11 year ago

For testing purposes, would a laser pointer + leveling tool achieve the same thing as a magnified scope? It seems like it would actually be a bit more accurate, but I don’t see anyone doing that. Is there a reason not to?

• @Agire
      link
      English
      11 year ago

It depends what you’re doing, if you’re trying to test long range accuracy quite often you need to hold over your target rather than have your crosshairs directly on them so with a laser this would put the dot over the target rather than on it. A well aligned red dot sight would have the same effect as a laser pointer but is a generally more useful tool.

• AliOP
        link
        English
        11 year ago

I’d be testing for precision more often than accuracy and plan on elevating the blaster itself so that I can get standardized measurements for projectile drop.