cross-posted from: https://lemmy.world/post/3320637

YouTube and Reddit are sued for allegedly enabling the racist mass shooting in Buffalo that left 10 dead::The complementary lawsuits claim that the massacre in 2022 was made possible by tech giants, a local gun shop, and the gunman’s parents.

• @Zithero@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    169 months ago

Reddit worked very hard to protect all anti-nazi imagery and stop people from posting anti-nazi sentiment. I’d like for someone to acknowledge that they silence anyone who posts anti-nazi shit and who speaks about killing Nazis.

Many are here because of that.

• Grayox
      link
      fedilink
      English
      109 months ago

Got banned for posting anti-nazi memes comparing 45 and his supporters to Hitlet and his. It gets scary drawing parallels between the beer hall putsch and jan. 6…

• Ann Archy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        39 months ago

Nothing like a drunk angry mob when you stage failed coups!

• Ann Archy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      59 months ago

It could be the killing part not the nazi part that they silenced you.

• @ThePenitentOne
        link
        English
        29 months ago

As if killing people is some ultimate evil? WW2 literally happened with the purpose of stopping the Nazis, and the only way was killing them due to their ideology requiring force.

People die every day for no reason, some suffer their entire lives’, some people die due to indirect/direct consequences of greed by corporations. The US has killed millions through geopolitical interference. Yet killing somebody who would have ‘unideal races’ genocided is too far? Sure. As if liberals aren’t ok with killing people as long as they agree with the perpetrator.

Fucking ridiculous. If people feel so strongly to publicly announce wanting to kill you, they are either insane, or you are fucked up. And in this case, I think we know the answer.

• @Zithero@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        19 months ago

That's their claim, but it's not like I'm advocating killing a person or anything of value. I'm advocating to kill a Nazi. That's just being an American Citizen.

• tryptaminev 🇵🇸 🇺🇦 🇪🇺
        link
        fedilink
        English
        09 months ago

They also censor content that is just outspoken again nazism and linking the current fascism in the american right to the fascists in history. Meanwhile on /r/conservative fake news and conspiracy theories about the election, the raid on Mar a Lago, racist conspiracies around BLM and violence from cops, and every other topic of republicans and democrats is a okay for reddit

• @ThePenitentOne
      link
      English
      49 months ago

Reddit is seriously dogshit. Shitty admins, shitty users and shitty investor interests ruined the site completely. The platform will never turn back. It’s gone fully into the hive-mind/censorship direction, likely because it keeps people on the site and maximises revenue.