Direct Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsVny3ebQ0

Announcements In order announced:

I liked the Direct, even though new announcement for first party were pretty much all remakes, but since Switch is my first Nintendo console, I loved all those announcements.

What do you all think about it?

• @treefrog@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1010 months ago

Unicorn Overlord looks good. Not many tactics RPGs have scratched the FF tactics itch for me (Symphony of War hits the spot but playing that on steam).

• @Maultasche@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      610 months ago

Plus we’re finally getting another Vanillaware game so it’s definitely gonna look great. Now if only they’d port Muramasa Rebirth to the Switch.

• @Maultasche@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          310 months ago

I got my Vita mostly to play the four DLC stories (that and to play the other Vanillaware games). I wonder how good it looks on PlayStation TV.

• @freebread@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            110 months ago

Interesting- I skipped Vita and not sure how to jump in on collecting for it due to the proprietary storage. Vita TV is only ~$150 atm though 🤔

• Nipah
              link
              fedilink
              210 months ago

There are third party memory card solutions out there… essentially they hijack the cart slot and allow you to stick in a standard micro SD card to use as storage.

I have two of the standard PSV memory cards (I think a 4gb one that came with my Assassin’s Creed bundle, and another 32gb one that I spent like $100 on when the finally dropped the prices into a realm that was at least within viewing distance of sanity), but being able to stick in a cheap-o micro SD card and have ALL the games I purchased (and some extras…) is pretty great.

And because I feel like I’m legally obligated to say this as a Vita owner, hacking the thing was the best decision I made outside of buying the handheld in the first place, when it comes to the PSV. It’s way easier now than when I initially wanted to try (and was too scared to do so when the handheld was still being supported), and as long as you follow up-to-date instructions you should be golden.

• @freebread@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                110 months ago

Right on! I have a hacked PSP with a similar memory card solution. It’d be nice to upgrade since I’ve always been a fan of the form factor.