• @Perfide@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Okay, but you do realize that comeback makes you look bad right, not us? No matter your reasons or intentions, you are mocking children being murdered. Like in the example below:

American: lol British people eat spotted dicks.

A brit: lol American children get shot at school.

Wow. What a zinger, you really got me with that one, a fool I was to not recognize the comedy of children dying horrifically.

(To be clear, I didn’t come up with that example randomly. I’ve seen the mocking of spotted dick be met with “lol child murder” more than once)

• @SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      1710 months ago

They’re mocking us for letting children get murdered. Don’t get all civility politics up in here if you can’t even grasp the concept of the jab.

• @Zoboomafoo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        1510 months ago

Is spotted dick political? I suppose us americans should have known it was a contentious subject that warrants jokes about child murder

• @Perfide@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        10 months ago

It’s a fucking ignorant ass jab directed at the wrong people. The majority of Americans support stricter gun laws, it is NOT the common mans fault that our centuries old political system is set up in a way that a minority party can have so much influence.

Like I already said, no matter the reasons or intentions, they ARE mocking children being murdered. Maybe it’s “lol you guys let children die lol” instead of “lol child death lol”, but either way children are dead and they are laughing. Meanwhile, the majority of Americans are horrified by it and pissed off nothing is being done by our government to stop it.

It’s also just incredibly thin-skinned. Really, you’re gonna get so offended over a joke about spotted dick that your only response is “you guys have school shootings lol”.

• @SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          110 months ago

The majority of Americans support stricter gun laws, it is NOT the common mans fault that our centuries old political system is set up in a way that a minority party can have so much influence.

I didn’t personally throw any tea into the Boston harbor but you better believe I’m going to use that as ammo against a brit if I feel like it. Personal agency has no meaning when talking about entire countries.

Civility politics is cringe as fuck. Get over yourself and threaten to liberate their country instead of whining about people being mean on the internet.

• @Honytawk@lemmy.zip
          link
          fedilink
          -19 months ago

Then how about you do something about it instead of complaining that other people point it out?

It is not like any other developed country has that problem.

• @SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          -29 months ago

Either everything is OK to joke about or nothing is. You can have your personal line you won’t cross but don’t project that onto other people.

• RaivoKulli
      link
      fedilink
      810 months ago

Seems like the comeback is working since it gets Yanks flustered and writing paragraphs of text as a reply lol

• @TheGrandNagus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      09 months ago

Nobody is mocking children for being murdered, that would be disgusting.

People are mocking the very much unique to the US culture of yes, we know children are being shot in schools, and no, we aren’t going to do anything about it, you crazy freedom-hating commie!

It’s a macabre mocking of your crazy gun culture and politics. Not of your children. I thought that was pretty obvious.