• @ThatWeirdGuy1001@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    3110 months ago

It usually doesn’t bother me unless it’s something like this

American- criticizes something foreign

Every single reply to that comment- “School shootings!! Hahaha!! Dead kids!!! Hehehehe!!”

• @bitsplease@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      59 months ago

Or when they extropolate from America the country being shit, to every individual American being shit for having the audacity to have been born here.

Most of us would also rather it wasn’t like this, but our families, friends, and livelihoods are here, so generally speaking it’s not practical to just up and leave. And our political system is to broken for us to really fix via voting

Trash on the country all you want, I’ll join in with you - but don’t blame the folks who are just trying to live the best we can in this fucked up country

• @MrSqueezles@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      19 months ago

This recently

• French people rude. Haha yeah.
      • Greek people cheap. Okay you got us.
      • Americans so fucking stupid. Hah wait. That’s it? That’s the joke?

This I don’t understand. Where is this coming from and who honestly would be okay with being called a big dumb dildo and laugh along like it’s such a well known fact about their country? We’re a lot of things, act like we own the world and everyone owes us money and gratitude, eat like shit while letting everyone know how to be healthy, use little creamer cups instead of cream. We’re not idiots.