• @gonzo0815@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      9 months ago
      1. Right wing sources, yay.

2. If you honestly compare Germany and the US, you will notice that the prevalence of rape is much higher in the US (US: ~43/100k vs. Ger: ~15/100k, source: statista.com). Comparing gang rape specifically is more difficult though, because the US doesn’t seem to keep track of that (or at least i couldn’t find absolute numbers). According to Wikipedia 22.8% of rapes with female victims where gang rapes. That makes ~9/100k in the US vs ~1/100k in Germany.

Then again I don’t think statistics regarding a lot of crimes are easily comparable. There might be differences regarding underreporting and legal definitions that skew numbers in different ways.

• @jcit878@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      9 months ago

mental health may be one of the source causes but the cultural enabler of prolific gun ownership and worship is the missing key no other country has

edit: I will add many Americans here are pretty antigun which is great, I just wish there were another 300m like you

• PP_GIRL_
        link
        fedilink
        19 months ago

The overwhelming majority of so-called school shootings are single-target attacks over gang/drug disputes carried out by poor inner-city kids. They’re victims of poverty and mental health, no amount of overnight gun reform will fix the illegal guns that these kids have access to.