I know about Yattee, is there better alternatives? Thanks!

• @Chadsmo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    131 year ago

Been paying for YouTube premium for about 8 months now and I think it’s worth every dollar.

• @garretble@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      121 year ago

Yeah, I’ve paid for it for years. I’m OK with helping the creators that way and never having to jump through all the ad block hoops.

• @Chadsmo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        51 year ago

Yeah I’m a pretty big fan of ‘streamlined stuff that just works as intended’. That’s why I own Apple products to begin with and I basically apply that ethos to everything else in life. So I pay for YouTube , get a better experience and I don’t have to mess with anything.

• @lackthought@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

what’s the cheapest country to use?

I rarely use youtube on my phone but if the price is right I might snag premium just to have it for when I do want to watch while mobile

• 'M' as in 'MANCY'
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I used to use India but they tightened the grip there. I think the last time I renewed I did it from Turkey?

• @goodhunter@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            11 year ago

I tried the method one time, but my credit card details forced me back to my original country.how have you payed, prepaid tokens? And do you need a specific Google account for that region?

• 'M' as in 'MANCY'
              link
              fedilink
              English
              edit-2
              1 year ago

I used my regular credit card just fine. I had issues using my card from India and Brazil. But Turkey was okay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 'M' as in 'MANCY'
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  21 year ago

I just VPN’d and changed my profile address to some random Turkish one and paid with my Canadian credit card on the Turkish YouTube.

• @blazarious@mylem.me
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

Yup, since I watch YouTube almost daily, it’s kind of a nobrainer. I’m happy they offer a version without ads.