There’s a new gunslinger in town and he goes by Ruppernutter on thingiverse. This remix uses some of the original hardware and none of the prints. It can fire Mega XL at 55 fps average

• Ali
      link
      English
      11 year ago

So far, very few DZ high performance blasters have launched without some issues. There will always be a place for community blasters once the retail blasters dry up, or if someone just wants to mod the platform.

• @Flypetheus
        link
        English
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Well the yehw is effectively dead, so unless you’re sourcing your own hardware (something you’re probably not that likely to do if you were considering buying a stock blaster) you’re not gonna find an outlaw alternative imo. Plus, the yehw isn’t even “pro” level performance. Barely even elite standard with the heavy spring. The outlaw is about to be the only widely available over 100fps short dart exclusive hammer prime revolver pistol, even if it barely works on launch it will be a success imo. And not like, figuratively a success, I just mean financially.

• Ali
          link
          English
          11 year ago

It’ll be the more accessible option for now, but that changes very quickly. Not too long ago, the Farshot was the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and the Rainbow pistol was outdated. Fast forward a few years and I can still make a Rainbow pistol, whereas the Farshots, their ammo, and their upgrade springs are already forgotten.

Long-term, the community blasters (with the ability to modify files for variable hardware) are going to outlast any retail product.

• @Flypetheus
            link
            English
            01 year ago

While I do totally agree that a community based design with a hardware list and printable files will outlast a niche one off product from a smaller toy manufacturer than nerf, I think it’s slightly unfair to compare the max outlaw and the farshot. Boomco was a new ammo type made by only one company and obviously just stopped existing once boomco stopped producing their ammo. Maybe there was 3rd part boomco I didn’t know about though. Also though, there are still websites offering rainbow pistol hardware kits in the US as far as I’m aware where there is no one who sells YEHW hardware kits. Now, it’s not exactly DIFFICULT to source the hardware, but even people who print their own blasters don’t necessarily want to do that.

• Ali
              link
              English
              11 year ago

It may be a hassle to source the hardware yourself, but it will still be significantly easier than trying to obtain discontinued blasters after enough time has passed. Plus, printed files can be modified to take new hardware.

• @Flypetheus
                link
                English
                11 year ago

Absolutely, I totally agree with you. Just being pedantic about the details.