• @Resonosity@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    19 months ago

Not arguing with you, but I wanted to contribute by saying that most people, at least in the US, are also deficient in magnesium, zinc, and vitamin D. For all this effort carnivores are putting into to convince others that their diets are sufficient, often times those making those claims haven't looked inward to see what they themselves are lacking. Perhaps it's a complex issue, dunno

• @ericbomb@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      19 months ago

That is a wonderful point!

I actually ran into someone with big conspiracy energy at a food expo the other day, and he like started ranting about how the government has proven that it's more interested in promoting what food pays the most in lobbying over actually caring about our health and it's like… bro you are channeling some major conspiracy theory vibes but I can't at all argue with your point. Between the food pyramid being drawn up by farmer lobbyists, corn syrup being put into everything despite it poisoning the lower class, and corps only getting a slap on the wrist when they make false food claims… it's pretty obvious the government isn't super concerned with our actual well being with our diets and we should all make sure to look inward.