A Staten Island woman buying pot from a local deli got into a misunderstanding with the cashier — who ended up macing her, dragging​ her outside by her hair, kicking her in the head and mistakenly calling her trans.

• @febra@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    1719 months ago

This is what transphobia has to offer. Transphobia and TERFS are inherently misogynistic because they start to attack every single woman that doesn't fit into the worldview of a few people.

• @kaffiene@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      309 months ago

Yeah, transohibia, anti gay, racism, anti immigrant, anti religion - intolerance is ugly, evil and the worst of humanity

• prole
        link
        fedilink
        English
        169 months ago

🎵🎶One of these things is not like the other🎵🎶

• JokeDeity
        link
        fedilink
        159 months ago

Agree, agree, agree, agree, WHAT? Bro religion is the support beam holding up most of these bigotries in a big way.

• @kaffiene@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          29 months ago

Hmm Yeah ok I probably should have used more words there :o) I'm an atheist. I don't like what religion does to people, in general. What I meant to say - but clearly didn't express well - is that hating people for their religion is bullshit (also, their lack of religion). The general point was that hating people for their group membership is just evil.

• @ThePenitentOne
          link
          -39 months ago

Yeah, there are reasons to be anti-religion and even potentially anti-immigrant, those issues have actual logically and morally consistent reasons. Whereas racism and the others are entirely emotional and based on nothing. Religion is belief literally founded on nothing.

• @EternalNicodemus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        -19 months ago

This one comment is fire, not every single religion and religious person (like me) are intolerant, thank you, dude (or gurl, or whatever)! :D

• @ThePenitentOne
      link
      09 months ago

All forms of prejudicial arguments are wrong. Just don't talk about speciesism though, because most people will lose their shit 10x harder.