I had an email yesterday telling me that the Apple One subscription was going up for the second time in twelve months.

It no longer represents good value for me and I can save nearly £100 a year by cancelling and subscribing to the important parts that I use most.

Apple are not alone in increasing prices (in a cost of living crisis) to the point they no longer represent fair value. What is it with companies that they lack basic business smarts?

• @DeadlineX@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    -18 months ago

I have Apple one. I will not be cancelling. I consider it an amazing value. I don’t need the iCloud but my mother takes way too many pictures of the kids. She gets value out of that. We all get Apple TV. I use Apple Music every day I’m at work.

Why do you get to choose what is fair value and I don’t? If the consumer gets to choose, than that means the average of all potential (because there is a large subset of consumers who will never use Apple products) customers’ willingness to pay the price must be taken into account.

I understand that it’s not a fair value to you. But it certainly is to me. Even just the hour a month I save not walking through with my mother determining which pictures to delete is worth it alone. In addition to time, I get services I use and value. I consider it a deal tbh.

• @DeadlineX@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        18 months ago

I love talking to my mother. I talk to her almost every day. She’s the best. I don’t like spending my time sitting there going over pictures to free up space on her phone because she couldn’t take pictures at my nephews basketball game because her phone is full. If I can pay a little bit of money to save mine and her time, would that not be better for both of us? I get my time, she doesn’t miss out on pictures. What I’m saying is if I can afford something to make my life easier, that doesn’t make me stupid.

Also you will notice that in my first comment I said “ I value the ease of use for my mother more than the cost of a subscription”. I don’t see how that implies I don’t like talking to my mother, but I’m sorry you interpreted it that way. I think the snark was unnecessary, but that’s okay. I also see that you didn’t address my actual point. Did you have something relevant to add to the discussion, or is your purpose to insult people?