• @runaway@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If the feed seems to be stagnant, you could be using the (default in many cases) active sort, which tends to have a lot of the same posts at the top, from what I’ve seen. Switching the sort to hot generally shows more fresh content in my experience. You can block communities on the web version using the red button on the right, in what I think is the sidebar, although that might be hidden on a phone. This site looks to be helpful for finding communities as well.

• @NewBootsGoofin@midwest.social
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

I’ll give the different sorting a try, but I don’t feel like it’s made much of a difference. I’m on mobile, so I’m trying out different apps. Currently have like 4 different ones installed. I can find the block community button in two of them, but clicking it does nothing.

My guess is this is just growing pains issues. I do appreciate the site recommendation.

• @livingina@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

Almost none of those apps existed a few weeks ago so give it a little time and they’ll be more polished. Sync is coming in a month or so and I’m expecting good stuff.

• @NewBootsGoofin@midwest.social
          cake
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

Yeah, since I posted earlier, the community block button now is working in Liftoff for me.

Things are coming together. Now to rebuild my subs.