Hey all! You might remember me from such posts as “New Comics This Week” and “New Comics This Week” and the always classic “New Comics This Week”!

This community has been without an active moderator for the past 4 months or so, and as a Lemmy World Community Manager, I reached out to the admins, and presto, changeo!

There won’t be any DRAMATIC changes to the group. #1 is already done… there was a nifty icon for the community, but no banner image. This one seems appropriate.

#2 is as a moderator, I will be able to pin posts to the top of the group, so, say, the weekly release posts can stay up for a week and not get buried by other topics.

#3 I will be adding and enforcing one basic human rule:

Comic Books is a no judgement zone.

You can talk all you want about how Rob Liefeld is trash, Bob Kane is an asshole, or Frank Miller and Dave Sim’s politics have made them toxic, that’s all good.

If, however, another user is LEGITIMATELY a fan of something you don’t like, that does NOT make them a lesser person. Attack the art for being bad, not the person for being a fan of bad art.

Make sense?

• @jordanlund@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      310 months ago

All alphabetical, and it was a whole process moving from long boxes to much more manageable short boxes.

The current year or so of purchases get stored in a few boxes of its own and then shuffled back in with everything else when I find time.

• @picandocodigo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        310 months ago

Right! I got a couple of long boxes and they’re quite awkward to move around and find stuff. I decided to move to short boxes too, I just need to buy some more and get the time to go through the same process.

That’s a good idea to have the current stuff in boxes of their own.

• @jordanlund@lemmy.worldOPM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          310 months ago

At one point I had over 40 long boxes, some decades old, and it was a whole process to re-sort everything and break them down. Took a couple of months just to alphabetize.