• PeleSpirit
      link
      fedilink
      English
      237 months ago

It has to be authentic, you can’t just comment to comment.

• @blindbunny@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        187 months ago

That’s just not true. I’ve made comments that I thought desirve no reply but humans find a way. If there’s no comments to read the shared content just isn’t that interesting. If I see comments then the shared content must be interesting enough to justify a discussion.

• PeleSpirit
          link
          fedilink
          English
          117 months ago

I can agree with that, but being authentic definitely helps the conversations take off.

• @blindbunny@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            57 months ago

Of course it helps. But some of my shitty comments are scaping the bottom of the barrel of my knowledge or patience with the replier…

• @PopOfAfrica@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      127 months ago

This is something I’ve learned from online game forums. You actually have to be divisive to get a high amount of concurrent users.

It only seems to be the shit-shows that anyone feels obligated to post in.

• @AnarchistArtificer@slrpnk.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        137 months ago

Well I think you’re wrong, fuck you and your opinion /s

I actually don’t know to what extent I agree with you, but your theory certainly feels plausible to me. It reminds me of the internet adage about how the best way to get a right answer to your question is to be wrong. I can’t remember what it’s called.

• @SheDiceToday@eslemmy.es
            link
            fedilink
            17 months ago

Aye, cunningham seemingly meant it as the fastest answer though, which was the sentence right afterwards in that wiki entry. So maybe mr. anarchist-with-a-machine-fetish would have gotten an answer earlier if he had said it was the anti-murphy’s law.

• @AeroLemming@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        17 months ago

Division gives people something to talk about. Not everyone can think of something constructive and interesting to say at a given time, but when presented with an opinion, it is trivial for most people to formulate a comment either agreeing or disagreeing with it.