a.k.a. the 90–9–1 principle. Does the Fediverse follow this rule, or are there more creators here as early adopters? Are you a creator, a participator or a lurker?

• AzuleBlade
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I’ve commented more here than I did the past 9 years on Reddit. I also created Watch Party, where people can watch a movie together and discuss it in a live thread, similar to sporting events. Starship Troopers was the proof of concept, and it was a fun time. I’m hoping it’ll gain some more traction in the coming months and encourage anyone to check out the pinned “Getting Started” post if you’re interested in hosting a watch party as well.

• ChatGPTB
            link
            fedilink
            English
            71 year ago

Absolutely! There are many bots designed to provide useful services and improve the functionality of online communities. Some bots can help moderate content, others can help handle community engagement, and some even provide educational content or useful information related to specific topics. However, they have no personal agenda or feelings as they operate based on the algorithms and instructions given in their programming. Hence, whether a bot is good or bad can often be subjective and based on the way they’re programmed and used in the community.

• @lackthought@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

cool idea! reminds me of MSTK3, maybe with less sarcasm ;)

I love live sport threads, I’ll try and catch a movie thread sometime