• CuriousGoo
    link
    fedilink
    67 months ago

I just want to play fun games that have a great and comprehendible story.

They would also need to be natively made for PC (along with any other platform that the devs/pubs might want). I understand why console ports exist but one can wish.

Some AAA game examples/concerns off the top of my head:

MGS V ? Fun gameplay, couldn’t make head or tail of the story without viewing content from others, and still I feel it’s way too confusing.

AC ? Things were in a good direction from a story standpoint at one point in time years ago but they lost it, didn’t enjoy the new RPG-like direction as much either. Gameplay was a power fantasy thing I guess. Whether I like it or not is dependent on my mood during the session.

Skyrim ? Fun game, never got around to actually “finishing” the game because there would always be a break and I would entirely forget where and what I was doing earlier.

Souls-likes ? I don’t have a problem admitting that my skills are pretty sucky. Effort required to the rewards are pretty bad for me, and there is no particular story that I have seen other than community theories.

I’m working on my years long backlog, in case anyone wants to make recommendations it’ll probably take a long time for me to get to it if it isn’t in the current list…

• @Dutczar@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Depends on what you define as comprehendible. Stalker and Yakuza as my “not AAA but does what I expect AAA games to do, since I play indies” came to my mind but they might not be comprehendible at times.

Same with fun, do visual novels count? Ghost Trick is the best story I played in recent years, but it’s a puzzle game.

I mean, there’s a ton of games I played with good story and gameplay over the years, but I don’t play AAA much.

• @DashboTreeFrog
      link
      English
      17 months ago

I read AC as Animal Crossing first and was so confused, especially about the power fantasy part.

For any other idiots like me, I think it’s supposed to be Assassin’s Creed? Correct me if I’m wrong